As much as I love all things summer, I am a sucker for cozy fall recipes. I finally decided to get on the Delicata squash train this year after finding them at Trader Joes for only .99 cents each. I had never cooked them before and decided to just start experimenting! The result-- a SUPER easy, SUPER cheap and SUPER yummy dish!! It goes great as a warm side for your meals or even cold as a snack. Plus, the little kick of sweetness helps to curb those sugar cravings with healthier alternative.
HONEY CINNAMON ROASTED DELICATA SQUASH
TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
MAKES: 4 servings
1 Delicata squash
1tbsp avocado oil
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 deg.
2. To prepare squash- cut in half lengthwise, then scrap out the seeds with a spoon. Cut into 1/4 inch thick slices.
3. Toss squash with avocado oil and salt, then place on baking sheet. Make sure the pieces are spread out and lying flat.
4. Bake for 10 minutes.
5. Flip squash then place back in oven for 10 more minutes.
6. Remove from oven and immediately drizzle with honey and cinnamon. Gently toss to coat each piece.
7. Allow them to cool on cookie sheet before placing in container for the week. They will stay good in refrigerator for about 5 days.
It really is as simple as that! Don't forget to tag me @onpointewellness when you try this recipe out. I would love to know what you think!!!